Thursday, September 2, 2010

Month in Review: Greek Royal Ladies, August

Here's what a few selected Greek royals wore in August:

Princess Theodora
  1. American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, 7 August. Love that she's sporting this event, and love this dress!
  2. Out and about in Greece, 24 August.
  3. Pre-wedding party for Nikolaos and Tatiana, 24 August.
  4. Nikolaos' and Tatiana's wedding, 25 August, a) on Theodora and b) from BCBG Max Azria. 

Princess Nikolaos
  1. Wedding preparations, 22 August.  I ask you: is this the perfect outfit to be out and about on a Greek island, or what?
  2. Wedding rehearsal, 22 August.  Once again, super cute.  This dress has little pockets too, which I love.
  3. Out and about, 24 August.
  4. Pre-wedding party, 24 August, a) from J. Mendel and b) on the bride.  Just ethereal.
  5. Wedding, 25 August.  I see how it fits in the context of the location of the wedding, but I still can't say I'm a huge fan.
  6. Day after the wedding, 26 August.  

Crown Princess Pavlos
  1. Wedding rehearsal, 22 August.
  2. Pre-wedding party, 24 August.  I love this more and more.  Even the shoes.  
  3. Wedding, 25 August.  Did anyone ever catch a photo of this without the shawl?  I didn't see any, but I'm dying to know.

Best and Worst of the Month

Picking a best for the month among these three ladies was a tough one. (Especially when there's a bride involved, but I've already bored you with my thoughts on that one.)  But there's something about Theodora's flowered dress that does it for me - it's young, but appropriate, and insanely flattering.  I'll tell you what isn't any of those three things - Marie-Chantal's metallic thing there.  I'm sure this is by some high-end designer that I haven't been able to identify, there's probably a good chance it cost more than my car or something, but come on.  M-C's usually a very chic woman, but sometimes I think she rests a little too heavily on the strength of her designer labels.

Photos: Sevenpixnews/Tlife/JMendel/Style.com/Royal Press Europe/Nieboer/Svenskdam/Chris Jackson/Getty Images/Zimbio/BCBG/BEW Photo