Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Week in Review: The Duchess of Cambridge, 11-19 March

  1. a and b) Visiting the women's Olympic hockey team, 15 March. Look! Cambridge No. 1 rides again! And I like her patriotic little outfit with the Team GB Paralympic scarf, even though I saw it compared to a flight attendant somewhere and can't get that out of my head.
  2. Visiting Dulwich Picture Gallery with the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall, 15 March. Doubling up on the engagements, and clearly feeling one colorful turn a day is plenty. (I kid, but I do prefer this one to her last Orla Kiely.)
  3. Presenting shamrocks to the Irish Guards for St. Patrick's Day, 17 March. Yay for Emilia Wickstead! I love her - she was even one of my dark horse hopes to be chosen as The Wedding Dress Designer.
  4. Opening a new facility (and making her first public speech) for EACH hospices, 19 March, wearing a dress also worn by her mother... and yes, this is exactly the dress one's mum would also wear, if you know what I mean.
Photos: Daylife/Reuters/Getty Images