Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things That Make You Go Hmm...: Crooked?

Thanks to avid speculation that Prince William and Kate Middleton would be attending the wedding of Lady Katie Percy (daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland) and Patrick Valentine this weekend, we've got loads of photos of an awfully grand country wedding to delight in and shake our heads at.

Kate and Wills may have been a no-show, but Pippa Middleton and Chelsy Davy turned up to give the photographers something to snap:
(Confession: I love Pippa's coat thing. Not the rest of the outfit, just that one part.)

Now, the point of my post: the bride. Normally, I wouldn't pick on a bride here unless they're actually royal. I mean, it just doesn't seem sporting. But...it has to be said:
WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH THAT TIARA? It's crooked! And it was crooked both going into the church and coming out, which leads me to think it might have been stuck on that way on purpose. (Surely her mum or her sister would have fixed her up if this was an accident?) The bride is a fairly nontraditional girl, I gather (she's a trained gunmaker, of all things), but...oh, I'm so confused.

Also: add this Bruce Oldfield gown to the reasons I hope he isn't the man for the job for Kate's big gown. It's not enough. She arrived in a carriage and the reception's at her family's castle which doubles as Hogwarts in the Harry Potter films. And this tiara is more grand than a lot of the royal wedding tiaras we see. Needs more!

Anyways, I'm done being mean to random people now. I just needed to let that out. Whew.

Photos: AFP/Getty Images/Daily Mail/Zimbio/Chris Jackson/Getty Images Europe/Christopher Furlong