Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Weekly Royal Fashion Awards: March 10-16

Best in Additions
The Duke of Cambridge
Video: Presenting shamrocks to the Irish Guards for St. Patrick's Day
The Duchess is very glow-y and happy and hair-up-y and that's all good. But I'm digging Cambridge #2 this week and I have my reasons. First, he has a new addition to his uniformed fanciness - he was just made an Aide-de-Camp to the Queen, and has the gold braid at his shoulder to prove it. And second, glasses (at the Cheltenham Festival).

Best in Purses
Princess Letizia
Attending the Discapnet Awards; at a concert organized by the Prince of Girona Foundation
I like her sparkly clutch. Yes, I'm reaching.

Best in Shoes
Princess Máxima
Attending a meeting; opening an art event (with and without coat); participating in NL Doet volunteering day
Uh...I honestly think the bowling shoes are an improvement over some of her other clunkers.

Best in Effort
Crown Princess Victoria
At the farewell ceremony for the President of Turkey; the return concert hosted by the Turkish president
Again, Victoria's tried a little hair ornamentation...not sure I'm a fan, but A for effort given the circumstances. (We won't be covering Lilian's funeral now, either. Too sad.)

Who did you like last week?

Pssst: Look for a post on the Pope's inaugural mass later in the week!

Photos: Getty Images/SCP/ANP/Parool/All Over Press