Thursday, September 1, 2011

Week in Review: Crown Princess Victoria, 21-27 August

Here's what Victoria wore from 21-27 August:

  1. Attending a memorial service for the Norway attacks, 21 August.

  2. Meeting with WaterAidSweden to accept their patronage with Daniel, 22 August.

  3. Awarding the Stockholm Junior Water Prize, 23 August.

  4. Celebrating Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit's 10th wedding anniversary, 25 August. I applaud her for not going the safe route with her accessories...but snakeskin and polka dots? Not so much.

  5. At their anniversary dinner, 25 August. This looks fabulous. Do you think if I stomp my feet loud enough, someone will produce a full length picture? No? Well, I tried.

So, it seems we have Victoria's maternity style: get a sack dress from Greta or Mayla, add some random necklaces and bracelets, call it good. Personally, I'm hoping that this is just the product of an emergency shopping trip because that baby grew too much for her to fit in her regular clothes, but not enough to make proper maternity wear work, and not a permanent staple until March. I don't think my attention span can handle it if that's not the case.

Anyway, let's end on some cuteness, no?
Victoria, a.k.a. Europe's godmother, and shy little godchild Ingrid Alexandra. Aww. At the service, Victoria read the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, which I do believe is the same reading she gave at the wedding ten years ago.


Photos: PurePeople/Abaca/Kungahuset/Svenskdam