Friday, January 27, 2012

Style Speculation: Armani Privé Spring 2012 Couture

Designers and models took to the runways in Paris this week with the haute couture collections for Spring 2012. We'll be taking a look at a few of the collections from which our royals are likely to shop in the coming days for a little sartorial speculation fun.

Armani Privé Spring 2012 Couture
Potential royal models:
Princess Charlene, Princess Mathilde, Queen Paola, Queen Rania
Honestly? I can't say I was super impressed with this collection from Armani. The suit looks held the most promise to me; I could easily see these shapes on Armani fans like Princess Mathilde and Queen Paola.
The dresses were less successful in my opinion, but a lot of the Armani Privé we see is totally custom anyway. I had a hard time picturing any of the royals in these super structural creations.
But: a fan of the collection or not, I'm still hoping it might break Princess Charlene out of her Akris slump. Seriously, has anyone else noticed this? She chose Armani often before her engagement and even selected him for the big wedding gown job, but since then it's been all Akris, all the time. Makes you wonder why, doesn't it?

See the whole collection here. 

Photos: Yannis Vlamos/GoRunway.com/Style.com